Help Your Eyes Keep up with Digital Life
The devices we use are essential to our day-to-day life—whether we’re binge-watching our favourite show, completing a last-minute assignment, or spending some time video-calling family.
However, spending so much time on these devices could lead to an uncomfortable, irritating condition known as digital eye strain. If you’re struggling with digital eye strain, please get in touch with us today and we’ll help find the soothing relief you deserve.
What Is Digital Eye Strain?
- Light sensitivity
- Blurry vision
- Double vision
However, digital devices aren’t the only source of eye strain symptoms. Eye strain can develop whenever you spend a long time doing any visually-demanding task. You may also experience these symptoms while reading, writing, or driving.
Managing Your Symptoms
There are several ways we can help manage your digital eye strain symptoms. One of the most common ways is by using eye drops, but there are some strategies you can use to find relief, like:
- Adjusting your workplace ergonomics to ensure your screen is just below eye level and arm’s length away.
- Taking regular breaks while working for long periods (the 20-20-20 rule).
- Reducing glare by angling your screen away from light sources.
- Adjusting your brightness and contrast settings
We recommend speaking with our team if you experience digital eye strain regularly. There may be a chance you have an uncorrected vision problem that could be contributing to your symptoms.
Our office is conveniently located minutes from Highway 93 on Highway 33, in the heart of Rutland. Find us inside Willow Park Mall, with ample parking just outside our doors.
- 3-590 Hwy 33 W
- Kelowna, BC V1X 6A8
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
WE DIRECT BILL
Wayne Keuhl opens Rutland Optical to serve the community
Gary Rogers purchases Rutland Optical and establishes a reputation within the community
Carol Friesen follows in her father’s footsteps and continues the family business
Bobbi Story purchases Rutland Optical and takes it to new heights
Sunil Parekh transforms Rutland Optical into Rutland Optometrty